Wednesday 21 February 2007


Bottle & Bowl
(24"x 18" oil on canvas)

While the format of this painting is vertical, I deliberately planned a secondary left-to-right movement following the path of the branch. Though comprised of a very few elements, there are many small details for me to explore. I think it is these observations (the fine edge of the label on the bottle, the reflected greens and reds) that make a big difference in the overall success of a piece and serve to keep the viewer involved.

This painting is available at Galeries d'art Beauchamp, Quebec City, Quebec, http://www.galeriebeauchamp.com. SOLD.

If you’d like to be included on my Painting of the Week email list please write me at daniele@dnbdesign.com. You’ll receive the painting of the week as well as news about shows.

No comments: