Wednesday 27 August 2008


Red Drape I and II
(18" x 14", oil on canvas)

One of my dealers has a buyer interested in two matching pieces. She had picked one she liked from the gallery's inventory and asked if I could do another similar painting to complete a set. Rather than trying to match a piece I longer had in my studio, I decided to do two new pieces. The client particularly liked the red cloth in the original painting, so I decided to make it more of an important element in my composition than simply a base on which the subject sits. While these are quite simple on their own, I feel they make a strong statement as a pair.

If you’d like to be included on my Painting of the Week email list please write me at daniele@DanieleLemieux.com. You’ll receive the painting of the week as well as news about shows.

No comments: