Wednesday 27 January 2010


Pear Centerpiece
(24" x 24", oil on canvas)

After completing what I feel to be a few strong pieces, I decided to set myself a challenge with something a little different. This highly graphic composition is deliberately centered in the square canvas. My goal here was to explore the concept of a true "centerpiece" while trying to avoid an overly static painting. Think of this as my version of a Tousignant "gong" painting!

Read the Diary
To see my "diary" of this painting, where I have posted photos I took every few days illustrating how I tackled this subject, please visit my website using the following link: Diary

If you’d like to have your personal copy of the Painting of the Week sent directly to your desktop every Wednesday morning please write me at daniele@DanieleLemieux.com.

No comments: