Wednesday 24 March 2010


Citrus Brights
(24" x 36", oil on canvas)



While I originally had a white plate in the background, I swapped it for the red one at the last minute. While the white suited my morning theme better, the red raised the colour excitement to a new high. I have learned that it is often better to let my heart dictate decisions and leave my head to more mundane affairs.



A note:
While placing my last order for supplies I mistakenly ordered Ultramarine Blue GS (green shade) instead of my usual French Ultramarine Blue... and what a happy mistake this turned out to be! Rather than return it, I thought I'd give it a try. The bright, fresh greens in this piece are made using this new blue and I have now added this colour to my palette.


If you’d like to have your personal copy of the Painting of the Week sent directly to your desktop every Wednesday morning please write me at daniele@DanieleLemieux.com.

No comments: