Wednesday 8 September 2010


Special Request
(18" x 18", oil on canvas)

I believe it is only human nature that makes one want the painting that just went out the door under someone else's arm. Consequently, I frequently get requests for a painting similar to another, and while I try my best to meet all requests, it can be a bit tricky. What was the initial appeal...the colours? subject matter? format? Often, it is nearly impossible for the client to articulate what the attraction was and I am left to draw my own conclusions.

This painting was one such request, and while it is nowhere near a duplicate, it has the same basic tone and feel as the initial work. I do not know if this "substitute" will work for my dealer's customer, but I do know it's a very good piece and not simply a rehash of another. Now, I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

If you’d like to have your personal copy of the Painting of the Week sent directly to your desktop every Wednesday morning please write me at daniele@DanieleLemieux.com.

No comments: