Wednesday 13 April 2011


Miche et miel
(12" x 24", oil on canvas)

A neighbour of mine works at our local patisserie and, knowing I was interested in bread as a painting subject, dropped this "miche" by my studio. The inside texture of a loaf can be amazing and once I cut this one open, I knew I had the beginnings of an interesting composition. The old fashioned style of this bread inspired this unassuming composition using simple honest fare.

I am fortunate to live and work in a community where many folks know what I do and are ready to contribute a favourite vase or bowl, treasured family heirloom, or in this case, a loaf of bread... Merci encore Sylvie pour votre délicatesse !

If you’d like to have your personal copy of the Painting of the Week sent directly to your desktop every Wednesday morning please write me at daniele@DanieleLemieux.com.

No comments: