Wednesday 18 April 2012


KISS
(24" x 18", oil on canvas)

I had been struggling with a new piece for the better part of a week when my husband came home with a handful of these Clementine oranges. After 25 years of marriage to an artist, he often knows better than me what I need. Every time I left my studio and went to the kitchen for yet another cup of coffee, there they were, two incredibly saturated red and orange beacons. Finally I scrapped the composition I had begun to dread waking up to, and quickly put together this one. Simple beauty always wins out, proving the maxim: Keep it simple, stupid (KISS).

If you’d like to have your personal copy of the Painting of the Week sent directly to your desktop every Wednesday morning please write me at daniele@DanieleLemieux.com.

No comments: