Wednesday 6 February 2013


Fruit Gems
(12" x 24", oil on canvas)

After working on large format paintings for the past few months, I found it difficult to return to some smaller sizes. After a few false starts, I pulled out some of my favorite things and re-visited one of my most favoured size canvases.

The white grapes are quite distinctive, owing to the various sizes of grapes in a cluster. They are also not really white, but rather a pale green with tinges of red, making them ideal to pair with the orange. I like how everything sits comfortably in this space and think I have my small format "groove" back.

If you’d like to have your personal copy of the Painting of the Week sent directly to your desktop every Wednesday morning please write me at daniele@DanieleLemieux.com.

No comments: