Wednesday 13 May 2015


Chip
(8” x 8”, oil on panel)

Dee
(8” x 8”, oil on panel)

Happily Ever After
(8” x 10”, oil on panel)

My husband is an avid bird feeder. Over the years we have gone through countless pounds of sunflower seeds, peanuts, Niger seed and suet. So, naturally, I became an avid bird watcher. Painting wildlife is a far cry from painting still life; these chickadees simply don’t hold still. Accordingly, I will leave accuracy to Audubon, and paint my interpretation of these personable little birds.

These small works are a huge departure from my usual subject matter and technique; in fact I consider these pieces a kind of vacation. I hope you have as much fun viewing these as I am having painting them! And because they are so different from what I normally do, any comments will be very helpful.

If you’d like to have your personal copy of the Painting of the Week sent directly to your desktop every Wednesday morning please write me at daniele@DanieleLemieux.com.

No comments: