Wednesday 25 April 2018


Common Grey
(12” x 12”, oil on canvas)

Anyone with a bird feeder knows what a nuisance squirrels can be, particularly in the winter months, when there is little for them to feed on save the seed meant for birds. My husband calls them rats with good PR, while my British-born neighbour laughingly calls them “cheeky” (though I suspect she may have harsher words in the summer months, after they have made a meal out of all her budding roses).

I spied this one ferreting around for sunflower seeds during yet another one of our recent spring snowfalls. So, while I really, really don’t like squirrels, I find that I do like to paint them.

If you’d like to have your personal copy of the Painting of the Week sent directly to your desktop every Wednesday morning please write me at daniele@DanieleLemieux.com. 

No comments: