Wednesday 9 May 2007


Red Apple, Green Apple
(24" x 30" oil on canvas)

Last week's painting had an apple wedge tucked into the left hand corner and I so loved it that I started a whole series of pieces built around this new favourite shape! Though apples have always featured prominently in my work, you might say I discovered a new way of rendering this symbol of simplicity. Cutting the apples gives me the duality of the crisp inside flesh and the kiss of color on the skin. I love the geometry of all the shapes and how the bright colors add to the freshness of the fruit.

This painting is available at Jenkins Showler Gallery, White Rock, B.C. http://www.jenkinsshowlergallery.com.

If you’d like to be included on my Painting of the Week email list please write me at daniele@dnbdesign.com. You’ll receive the painting of the week as well as news about shows.

No comments: