Wednesday 11 July 2007


Fruit Squares
(12" x 12" each, oil on canvas)

Every November I start to get requests for smaller pieces. Most galleries dedicate the month of December to a "small works" show, and this year I hope to be ready with a series of 12" squares (yup, I have to work that far in advance to allow the work to dry fully).

Moving to this size was not easy for me, but now that I've got the hang of it I am truly enjoying these small formats. Much like eating peanuts, they are addictive, one leading to the next. And, because they take up so little room in my studio, I can have a few going at the same time. This size also looks spectacular framed; with a wide moulding they become almost jewel-like.

These paintings are available at Jenkins Showler Gallery, White Rock, B.C. http://www.jenkinsshowlergallery.com.

If you’d like to be included on my Painting of the Week email list please write me at daniele@dnbdesign.com. You’ll receive the painting of the week as well as news about shows.

No comments: