Wednesday 18 July 2007


Vintage Kitchen
(Oil on canvas 28" x 22")

I picked up this tin canister at a local flea market a few weeks ago and I haven't stopped painting it since! I simply love its personality on the canvas. True, at first glance it is rather plain, but a second look reveals many beautiful details to explore. For instance, the wire handle is slightly bent out of shape, rusted in parts, and casts a beautiful shadow. The slight blue stripe at top and bottom adds a nice color note. The top is quite complex when compared to the base, and the white(ish) surface is perfect for reflecting local color.

This painting is available at Jenkins Showler Gallery, White Rock, B.C. http://www.jenkinsshowlergallery.com.

If you’d like to be included on my Painting of the Week email list please write me at daniele@dnbdesign.com. You’ll receive the painting of the week as well as news about shows.

No comments: