Wednesday 26 November 2008


Onions and Garlic
(24" x 36", oil on canvas)

This larger format painting gave me a lot of things to sink my teeth into and was a nice, though exhausting, change from my usual minimal compositions. Despite the number of elements, I believe this piece still retains my love of quiet atmosphere.

100th Painting of the Week
This posting marks a bit of a milestone for me today, as it’s my 100th Painting of the Week. Painting is largely a solitary activity and while I cherish my hours in the studio, I can also get to feeling pretty isolated. Your comments, no matter how infrequent, give me a way to measure my work. I always look forward to Wednesdays to see if I've hit a nerve. So thanks to all of you for agreeing to be my viewing audience and keeping me from feeling overly disconnected.

If you’d like to be included on my Painting of the Week email list please write me at daniele@DanieleLemieux.com.

No comments: