Wednesday 5 November 2008


Red Enamel
(20" x 30", oil on panel)

My creative process begins months before I actually start a painting, spending hours and hours searching out objects that express my devotion to the everyday experience.

Despite all the steps before I actually squeeze out paint, the rubber really hits the road when I finally put brush to canvas and all the prep work comes together. Sometimes I know almost immediately that a painting will be successful, other times the painting process will surprise me and something ho-hum takes a great turn. Such was the case with this piece. When I put together these elements I was pleased with the colour and shape harmonies, but as I worked on it, I realized it was going to be better than just good. It is this possibility for upside surprises that keeps me coming back to my easel day after day.

If you’d like to be included on my Painting of the Week email list please write me at daniele@DanieleLemieux.com.

No comments: