Wednesday 30 March 2011


Dolce Vita #3
(18" x 36", oil on canvas)

After completing two smaller paintings I felt ready to tackle a larger, more involved piece. I used lots of textures here and was especially pleased to find a pomegranate at this time of year.

Again, because of the perishable nature of the cheese and fruit, particularly under hot spotlights, I had to work quickly. To extend the life of my props, each night I wrapped the individual pieces and refrigerated everything, rebuilding my set each morning.

New Diary of a Painting:
I kept a visual and written diary of this painting. To see it, please click here.

If you’d like to have your personal copy of the Painting of the Week sent directly to your desktop every Wednesday morning please write me at daniele@DanieleLemieux.com.

No comments: