Wednesday 16 May 2012















Fruit Extravaganza
(36" x 48" x 2", oil on gallery wrapped canvas)

At 36 by 48 inches, this is perhaps my most ambitious piece yet. Chock full of colour, this painting at this size really makes an impact. While I do enjoy doing work at or near true size, I thought to try my hand at something extravagant, something larger than life.

Small paintings invite the viewer in close, creating an intimate experience. Large paintings fill your field of vision and really make a statement that can be heard from across the room. Larger pieces require a bigger time commitment; this one took three weeks to complete and should perhaps have been termed: Painting of the Month.

If you’d like to have your personal copy of the Painting of the Week sent directly to your desktop every Wednesday morning please write me at daniele@DanieleLemieux.com.

No comments: