Wednesday 10 January 2007

Joy
(24" x 24" oil on canvas)

This piece was inspired by a recent interview I gave in which I was asked, given much of my subject matter, if I was an avid cook.

"Joy" is quite a personal piece for me. Anyone who has a favourite basic cookbook will easily relate to my kitchen-scarred copy of The Joy of Cooking. In this painting my old standby symbolizes all the comforts that come with time spent in the kitchen – of meals prepared and meals shared. I think the square format lends harmony to the composition and is particularly appropriate for this subject matter.

This painting is available at Agnes Bugera Gallery, Edmonton, Alberta http://www.agnesbugeragallery.com. SOLD.

If you’d like to be included on my Painting of the Week email list please write me at daniele@dnbdesign.com. You’ll receive the painting of the week as well as news about shows.

No comments: