Wednesday 17 January 2007

Timeless #2
(24" x 24" oil on canvas)

This piece is one from a series of beach stones paintings; a theme I have been exploring for several years.

I have been carting rocks home from the beach every chance I get, and like-minded friends (thanks, Susanne) have increased my cache. Who can resist these gifts the ocean has tossed randomly at our feet? The solid weight, smooth contours, myriad colors and textures make each an understated treasure. And don't many just sit in your hand beautifully? For me, these stones echo the beauty and timelessness of the ocean.

This painting is available at Wallack Galleries, Ottawa, Ontario, http://www.wallackgalleries.com.

If you’d like to be included on my Painting of the Week email list please write me at daniele@dnbdesign.com. You’ll receive the painting of the week as well as news about shows.

No comments: